I should talk to the tourist board, council (specifically the arts councillor), people who live in Ilfracombe, and businesses to see the effect that Damien has had on Ilfracombe - both good and bad.
Research:
- Nick Broomfield
- Louis Theroux
- Michael Moore - "Roger and Me"
- Bedminster Proper
- Tracey Emin - Margate
- News stories about Damien and Ilfracombe, TV news segments
- caravangallery.co.uk - "The Other South Bank"
- Chris and Jan Teasdale
- Izzy Pullen - David the swimmer
- Read local news stories - are there people who are outspoken against Verity?
My project will be a more rounded exploration of how Damien has affected Ilfracombe. The audience should get to know Ilfracombe through the first quarter of the film by using landscapes and disembodied voices before introducing Damien and Verity - almost like a chronological journey. I should include moving image "photograpic portraits" of the people I interview to put faces to the voices, but not in a "talking head" way.
I also need to think of what scenes I can visualise: shop fronts, the Landscape Theatre, the cinema, the harbour, etc. Make it visual, energetic, and humorous. The film should be 10-15 minutes long.
I should identify names for interviewing and begin to build contact, and should go down and start filming.
No comments:
Post a Comment