- I need to give myself three weeks before the deadline to edit, and need to give myself more shots than I need - it's always better to have too many shots than not enough
- I need to be economical with time - stop doing questionnaires and record audio on location instead as I'll be making more work for myself
- Research audio - can I get a microphone that will fit into my camera? Ask boyfriend (who is a music student) to help
- Treat shooting video like shooting stills - consider composition, different lenses, etc. Include close-ups of Verity's face, shops, people, etc. Have establishing shots and closer shots. Shoot 30 second clips. Get a rough edit out by next week
- Look on Argos website for audio recorders and see if my boyfriend has an external mic to fit one
- Record enough voxpops - 20-30 - then weedle out the best. Audio will take longer to edit
Research:
- Bedminster Proper
- Nice Toytown
- Shawn's film on Tim Andrews
With Shawn's guidance, I ended up buying a Sony ICDPX232 2GB dictaphone from Argos. There is an output for an external mic, but it is a mini-jack output and my boyfriend doesn't have any external mics with mini-jack fittings. We set it up to get the best audio recording quality, and I'm pretty impressed with it for £35.
I had planned to go to Ilfracombe on the 11th depending on whether dad's car was finished from it's MOT. However, my grandmother died suddenly on the evening of the 10th, so I didn't go. I am hoping to go on the 14th instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment