verity

verity

Monday, 28 April 2014

Footage #5

Please set the resolution to 1080p and watch them in fullscreen.

This shot is a close-up on the sign on the lifeboat station. I felt it was important to capture this being that Ilfracombe is a seaside town, and that the RNLI is run by donations. It also builds a sense of place and character.

This shot is of the back of an amusement arcade. I tried to focus upon the sign and neon lights by zooming in, but that in hindsight is unnecessary considering the size of the signs. The composition is also wonky (tripod problems again).

This is the same shot as before, except I tried to rectify the wonkiness of the composition (to little effect).

This shot features the sign of the Driftwood Gallery (which was bought out of its previous space by Hirst). There looks like there is distortion in the frame, but it is actually the building - it bulges outwards here slightly. The composition of this shot is not central.

This shot is more central to the frame than the previous composition.

This shot shows the whole exterior of the Driftwood Gallery, including the pavement outside. However, it seems that whenever I film in public, the record button is a transmitter that makes everyone walk through my shot. I like this shot, but since there isn't a big chunk of the recording (20 seconds+) that doesn't have people walking through close to the camera, I will have to reshoot this.

This shot of Echo Beach gallery is slightly wonky (which can probably be rectified in Premiere Pro) and should probably be a bit more zoomed out (so that if a car goes through the frame we can see all of it). There is lots of disruption from cars and members of the public, so this will be reshot.

There is a substantial amount of time in this clip that doesn't involve people walking through the frame, however, I may reshoot from a more straight-on angle.

This shot shows regeneration in the form of the new Wetherspoons building. I focused upon the "another development from JD Wetherspoon" sign as I like the confident tone of the text. There is some movement through the frame from the woman in the pink coat.

This is a closer crop of the "JD Wetherspoons" sign so it may be easier to read. Lots of people (both on foot and in cars) disrupt the frame due to the close crop, but there is enough undisturbed footage for a clip in the final film from this footage.

This crop of the JD Wetherspoon building is slightly more zoomed in than the first shot of this subject. There is some disruption from cars and passers-by, and movement from builders at work.

I noticed this "no football" sign on the grassy verge behind me when I was filming the previous shots. I thought it would be a humorous and quirky addition to the final film. This shot has a distanced composition to include context from the surroundings.

This is a closer crop of the previous shot. There is some slight camera shake from the wind which can probably be rectified in Premiere Pro.

This shot of the Wetherspoons building focuses upon the recruitment poster. Due to the close crop of the shot, lots of cars disrupt the shot.

This closer crop of another perspective of the Wetherspoons building cuts the top of the scaffolding off and features disruption from passers-by and cars due to the crop.

This clip still cuts off the top of the scaffolding and is disrupted by people walking in front of the camera.

This shot includes all of the scaffolding but it would probably be better if it were composed straight-on. I will reshoot for an extra option when editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment