verity

verity

Monday, 28 April 2014

Footage #2

Please ignore the audio, set the resolution of these videos to 1080p, and watch in fullscreen.


This shot composes Verity on the left of the frame. I used a 55-250mm zoom lens to get a close crop of the face, which was shot from the dissected half. The crop allows us to see the bird poop that has dropped down her head, which gives Verity a quircky characteristic. However, there is some camera movement due to the slight breeze which should be able to be corrected in Premiere Pro.


This shot is almost identical to the previous shot but for a slightly darker exposure.


This composition allows more of Verity's body to be shown, including her pregnant stomach (and foetus) and her arm raising the sword. It mostly focuses on her dissected half, but also includes her "normal" breast. I have placed her slightly to the left of the frame for a more interesting composition. This closer crop was achieved by using a 55-250mm lens. A seagull flies through the frame at one point, which gives the clip movement within the frame.


This clip shows a little chapel on a hill overlooking the harbour. The chapel and hill is slightly off-centre to the frame. This shot would be better if there was more of a breeze to create movement in the frame with the flag.


This shot includes both Verity and the chapel on the hill. It shows Verity from her raised forearm to just below her knee. To include both in the shot, Verity is on the left of the frame, with the chapel on the right. I like the composition of this frame but again wish there was a bit of a breeze in order to make the flag move.


I do not like this shot of a tidal pool. I do not like the composition, as I used the wrong lens to capture this, and I also do not like the carpark in the background.


This shot was captured further away from Verity with my 18-55mm lens in order to capture more of her surroundings and human interaction with her (people observing). There is a diagonal line created by the railing that draws the eye towards her. It then appears that I forgot to stop recording, as I turn the camera to another subject, refocus and re-expose.


This shot includes people fishing off the pier. I should have gotten down on their level of the pier and closer to them, or alternatively used a different lens.


This shot is also of Verity and the chapel. I prefer the previous shot as it does not include streetlamps, however in this composition Verity and the chapel are closer together as I shot it from a different angle. A seagull flies through the frame, adding some movement.


This shot is of the "elephant's head" headland. There is movement in both the foreground and background from the sea, either the motion in the foreground of the small waves, or the waves crashing upon the beach in the background. Some oyster catchers fly into the frame and a man casts his fly into the frame, creating more movement.


I thought I would shoot some small details of my surroundings - possibly quirky - that build a sense of location. This shot is of some seaweed on the wall of the pier. Due to the tides, this wall is submerged for almost half of the day, allowing the seaweed to have formed. I do not like this composition, as it is too distanced.


I filmed this shot with my camera on my lap, which resulted in camera shake. I changed to my fixed f1.8 50mm lens in order to have a shallow depth of field, but the combination of filming with the correct shutter speed to make movement natural, the minimum filming ISO as 200, and the bright lighting meant that this didn't work.


This shot is a close crop of the seaweed on the wall and the sea lapping over the steps. I filmed this with the camera on my lap, which resulted in camera shake.


I placed my camera on the ground to get this shot of a fishing rod resting on the floor of the pier. There is too much floor in the foreground.


This shot of barnacles and seaweed on the pier is better than my other shots as there is a slight shallow depth of field. The inclusion of the barnacles in the foreground make the shot more interesting to me, as it adds another subject and more texture to the frame.


I like this sign on the pier as it is quirky and creates a sense of place. Even though all the legs on the tripod were fully extended, the composition is not straight and central.


This shot is better, but still not completely straight and central.


This shot of Verity shows her face-on, showing the line where she is cut down the middle. It is here where we get the full shocking effect of her by seeing both sides of her. She is central to the frame and it shows part of her sword down to above her knees. There is some slight camera movement which should be able to be corrected in Premiere Pro.


 This shot is a close crop of Verity's face from a dead-on angle. The close crop, achieved by using my 55-250mm lens, shows us purely her gruesome (to some) face. I used a central composition so she took up the majority of the frame, as I feel this composition gets her full effect. There is some slight camera movement which should be able to be corrected in Premiere Pro.


This is the same shot as before, just changed in composition to have Verity slightly to the left of the frame. I prefer the previous composition, as she is more arresting that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment