verity
Monday, 28 April 2014
Footage #4
Please set the resolution to 1080p and watch them in fullscreen.
This shot is of the back of a boat called the Ilfracombe Princess and a dingy. Both boats move in the frame due to the small waves. There is also a reflection in the water of another nearby boat. The composition is quit tight due to the high wall that was in front of me and eliminating other objects that could make the frame look cluttered.
This shot includes lots of boats in the harbour. It is quite a close crop and could afford to be zoomed out a little bit.
This shot focuses on the boat named "Ocean Dream". The shot is composed to feature it on the left of the frame, with the right half featuring the sterns of the other boats. I like this composition as it feels visually pleasing to me due to the off-centre composition.
This is the same shot as above, just altered in composition to place "Ocean Dream" a little more centred. I prefer this composition as it allows more space off of the stern of the boat, and doesn't cut any of the boat off as the previous shot did (due to the boat moving with the current).
This shot of the harbour includes some boats in the water, the harbour wall, and some of the shop fronts. I prefer this shot to a previous similar composition as it shows more of the street and the activity on it, and is therefore not so distracting.
This shot is of the Yacht Club. It is shot from a diagonal angle and is cropped funny due to activity in the foreground. It shows the flags above the door but crops half of the bodies that walk in front of it on the pavement. It then seems that I forgot to stop recording as I pick up the tripod and walk down to my next location, recompose the frame, and adjust exposure for the next shot.
This shot shows the sign of Hirst's restaurant and the brickwork of the building. The sign is to the left of the frame, but I believe I can make a better composition of this shot by filling the screen with the sign and having a front-on shot of the whole building. The sign sways in the wind, which is a nice touch of movement.
This is the same shot as before, just recomposed to place the sign in the centre of the frame. I prefer the previous shot.
This shot is of the front of Hirst's Other Criteria gallery, which is next to his restaurant. It shows the sign and the window, which is displaying some of his dot work. People pass through the frame and observe the window, sometimes taking pictures. However, the shot is wonky (although I tried to rectify this in camera) and is too closely cropped. My focus on being able to clearly see the sign has left the whole building not being in shot and cropping off peoples legs.
This is a more distanced shot of Other Criteria and shows people walking past and looking in the windows. At one point a man takes a photo of his grandson outside (he exasperatedly exclaims "Granddad!"). This is a nice shot of people interacting with Hirst's work, but could be shot from a more dead-on angle.
I wanted this shot to focus on the sign and window of Other Criteria without any human involvement, but it seemed like my record button had a transmitter on it that attracted everyone to walk through the frame! Because I wanted a closer shot of the shop front, this meant that I had floating heads pass through the frame.
This shot features seagulls floating in the harbour. I thought I'd capture it as a whimsical shot, but I'm not 100% sure if I like it.
This shot is of the harbour street. People and cars move through the frame. I would prefer if it were not so wonky.
This shot of the Yacht Club is shot from the left at a diagonal angle. People pass through the frame on foot and on bikes, however, a big hair is on the right hand side of the frame. I only noticed this when I moved to another location and took a long time changing lenses and double checking to see if it was gone. It seemed to be inside the camera, and probably got there when I changed lenses at the harbour. This has taught me to always double check in the digital viewfinder for bits of fluff and hair that may be inside the camera. This shot would also be better if it were front on to the building.
This shot focuses on the awning of the Yacht Club, but this resulted in me cutting off most of the building. Many people pass through the frame as floating heads, except for one guy who walked past very close to the tripod and looked down the lens for the duration of time that he was in the frame. Again, this shot would be better if it were front on.
This is the same shot as above only recomposed to include the flags above the door. Again, this shot would be better if it were front on.
This shot includes the beach at the harbour, some of the boats in the water, and the shop fronts. I should have recomposed it to cut out the bit of brick wall in front of the yellow building as that is distracting me.
This shot shows the boats in the harbour and some of the shop fronts, as well as Verity in the distance and the "elephant's head". This shot shows a wider perspective of the harbour.
This shot is of the top of the RNLI building. I chose to capture this instead of the whole building as it features the acronym of the organisation, and it would get lost in an external shot due to distance. The St George flag waves in the wind on the right of the frame. The shot is a little bit wonky but this can probably be rectified in Premiere Pro.
Labels:
content,
film,
ilfracombe,
shooting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment