verity
Monday, 28 April 2014
Footage #3
Please set the resolution to 1080p and watch in fullscreen.
This shot includes people interacting with Verity. One man is taking pictures of her on his phone (often moving around to get a good composition), while some people fish and talk amongst themselves. I'm not sure if I like this shot due to composition, but it is important to get shots of people.
This shot places Verity on the left of the frame, with the right negative space filled with a clear blue sky. During the clip, a seagull lands on her head, adding some quirky humour to the shot.
This shot is a close-crop of Verity's head achieved by my 55-250mm lens. The seagull from the previous clip is still settled there, and the choice of lens lets us see the bird droppings down her face. There is some slight camera movement that can probably be rectified in Premiere Pro. The seagull stays put during the clip.
This shot of Verity's hand grasping the hilt of her sword is a small detail of the sculpture.
This composition shows more of Verity's sword and upper body. The seagull is still perched on her head. Some birds fly through the frame, adding some movement to a static shot. Composing Verity to the left of the frame is visually pleasing and different than a boring central composition.
Verity's pregnant stomach takes up the majority of the frame in this shot, and I shot it to feature her "gory" side, as this is one of the most controversial aspects of presence in the town.
This shot is of a sign on the gates to the pier. I thought including shots like this shows some quirk and builds a sense of place.
This is the same shot as before but with a slightly different composition. However, it is slightly wonky so I will be using the previous shot.
Again with this shot, I tried to create a sense of place and whimsy by shooting these street signs. However, the shot is slightly wonky.
This is the same shot as before, but with a straighter composition. It is still slightly wonky but may be able to be corrected in Premiere Pro.
This shot focuses on the last sign on the lamppost, a "Do Not Feed The Seagulls" notice. It is slightly wonky and I do not like the inclusion of the bottom of the blue sign in the shot.
This shot focuses in more on the sign, but it cuts off too much of the top of the sign and therefore is not central in its composition.
This composition is better, but may need some slight correction for camera movement and cropping in Premiere Pro.
This shot of Verity is shot towards her "natural" side and is composed to feature her from mid-stomach to just above the hilt of her sword. I don't like this cropped shot of her due to the composition and the rooftops in the background.
This shot features more of Verity, again, shot from the perspective of the previous shot. This composition includes her from above the knee to the middle of her sword, and therefore shows more of the background nearby. I am not 100% confident in this composition, and feel that I need a full-body shot of her in-situ.
This shot is of a pub that is being renovated. I focused on the scaffolding and signs that say it is being refurbished, but I should have a shot of the whole building too.
This is the same shot as above, but with the composition altered slightly.
This is the same shot as above, but with the composition altered slightly to make the signs more central in the frame.
This shot is of the pier as shot from the harbour. It includes a ship docked, as well as Verity from behind and the infamous "elephant's head" headland. The pier creates a diagonal line in the frame that acts as a line of focus, drawing the eye towards the boat. Seagulls fly in the frame, as well as the small waves and people walking on the pier, including movement in the shot.
This shot shows the boats in the harbour in the in-between period between low and high tide. The shot includes the colourful buildings at the end of the harbour. The composition could be altered slightly to erase the harbour wall, road and shops on the right of the frame, as I find the movement there distracting.
Labels:
content,
film,
ilfracombe,
shooting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment