verity

verity

Thursday, 1 May 2014

Feedback #6

I met with Shawn yesterday to discuss my family circumstances and my project. He recommended that I make an appointment with Student Advisors to see if I can get an extended deadline.

We watched my most recent clips.

  • Double check the tripod as some of the shots are wonky - make compositions straight 
  • Include front doors and pavements - think of shooting buildings like shooting portraits i.e., cutting off "heads" and "feet"
  • Shoot buildings front on
  • Focus on composition - get wide shots too
  • More shots of Hirst's buildings
  • Reshoot Verity with cloudy skies for 2mins+ so I can speed it up when editing

Shawn also said that shooting around the harbour is the opportune time to stop people on the street and interview them (recording audio) - for example, if they are showing interest in Hirst's buildings or Verity. Shawn and I then did a fake interview where I questioned him about if he was local, what brought him to Ilfracombe, and what he thinks of Verity.
  • Ask people out loud with no paper - there'll be no paper rustling and I know the questions
  • Drill down on what they say, listen and pay attention - find hooks in what they say (reactions, arts, etc) and use prior knowledge
  • Keep eye contact more
  • Make shorthand notes

Shawn said to be aware of my working relationship with dad and how we can work together with me being the "chatty one". I should ask a balance of Ilfracombe locals and visitors, young and old, and pro and anti Hirst. 

No comments:

Post a Comment