To begin with, I made "bins" for all of my content, including Visuals, Atmos, Dictaphone recordings, Tascam recordings, and titles, and imported the content into the corresponding bins. This is to keep my project window organised and easy to navigate.
I followed my storyboard to edit the film. To do this, I opened up the desired clips in the source window, scrubbed the playhead to where I wanted to begin my cut and clicked the "mark in" button to begin, and the "mark out" to finish the clip, before exporting it to the timeline. I also the cut audio in the same way using the source window.
When the clip is exported to the timeline, it is linked to the audio recorded in the camera. As I don't want that I can get rid of it by right clicking and choosing "unlink". This then separates the audio, and it can be deleted.
Some of the shots had movement due to camera shake. I had not rectified this on Premiere Pro before but it was pretty easy. I simply dragged and dropped "warp stabiliser" onto the clip from "Effects" in the project window. I then selected "no motion", as there was no movement in the frame that needed to be smoothed. The program then scans the clip and rectifies it.
I also straightened clips, which I had not done before, but found to be pretty easy. I selected the clip I needed on the timeline and opened "Video Effects" in the source window. I used the "rotation" slider to adjust the frame until the horizontal lines were straight, and then scaled the image up slightly to remove the black lines around the side from the crop.
I utilised the "channels" (video 1, video 2, audio 1, audio 2, etc) on the timeline by using video 1 for all moving image clips, video 2 for titles and stills, audio 1 for atmos, and audio 2 for dialogue. This allows me to overlay sounds and visuals for a multilayered, multimedia piece.
No comments:
Post a Comment