verity

verity

Saturday, 10 May 2014

9th May Visit/Third Shoot

I went to Ilfracombe yesterday with the intent of recording more audio (interacting with people who were taking an interest in Verity or Hirst's two properties). It was very windy when we got there, so I went out with my dictaphone and recorded atmos to see how the wind came out - not very good. I even made a makeshift windsock with a glove but this didn't really diminish the noise of the wind. I tried recording a conversation with my dad, but the wind would cut across the microphone and lower the volume of his voice. As I had brought my camera with me, I decided to film more instead, as I didn't want to spend a whole day getting audio recordings only to find later that they are unusable.

This time, I focused on getting shots of the pier and harbour from a distance that could potentially be used as an opening establishing shot. I climbed a hill by the harbour carpark that is parallel to the harbour and got different compositions from those vantage points (there were two small hills that had pathways on each - I shot from both for variety). When I came down, I found a "Verity viewpoint" that also had an informational display about how she was made and the meaning behind her. I shot some of this and the signpost leading to the viewpoint.

I also moved down to get closer distance shots of the harbour. I did have some trouble keeping the wall out of the shot, meaning I had to crop in a little. Shots included the pier - including the chapel on the hill and Verity - and the harbour area - including the shops, boats, and the ramp for the lifeboat.

I am quite pleased with what I shot and will post the clips on here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment