verity

verity

Thursday, 15 May 2014

Feedback #7

I met with Shawn today to discuss my project.

I mentioned that I am interviewing my dad's cousin and his wife on saturday, and that they like to park the car at the pier and wait until they see someone photograph Verity. Shawn liked this and suggested I have a sequence of "Verity photo bingo" in the final film - go down in the car with Ray and Lyn and play the game, have a graphic that times how long it takes and have three or four shots of the bingo. Get Ray to talk about the "game" and lay the audio over.

Shawn mentioned thinking in sequences, like the "Verity photo bingo". He also suggested going to the local newspaper and asking for archives - looking for headlines to do with Verity and Hirst and use them and quotes from the article in the film. Shawn suggested watching Bowling for Columbine to see humorous sequences executed.

I mentioned my problems from last week where the wind lowered the volume of my dialogue on my dictaphone, and Shawn suggested going somewhere quiet if the people agree to being recorded. He also suggested to ask the media centre for advice on dealing with strong wind (advice was to have the wind behind me and use my body as a wind breaker). I need to take control of noisy situations. I mentioned some of the voxpops from the 14th had background noise (like a slushy machine in the cinema) and Shawn suggested filming the machine to match the audio with the visuals so you know where the noise is from - otherwise it'll be weird. He also said to get more voxpops of shopkeepers and to capture them in moving image portraits.

The film needs moments of light relief as the subject matter is not as serious as "Nice Toytown" and "Bedminster Proper". The "Verity photo bingo" is one, and maybe getting children to pose in front of her in her pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment