Dear
Sir/Madam,
My
name is Lorna Rollings and I am a third year Photography student at
the University of the West of England in Bristol.
I am currently undertaking a project about Ilfracombe, improvements to the town, and the effect that Damien's sculpture Verity has had on the town. I am very fond of Verity and
appreciate her depiction of truth and justice, and think it's a
beautiful piece of art. I am aware that not everyone in Ilfracombe has
favourable opinions on Verity, but I am interested in how it has
become a talking point and a magnet for tourism. This, amongst other
issues, is what my project will be exploring.
My
project will be in the form of a short film comprising of shots of
Ilfracombe, atmospheric audio recordings, and "disembodied voice"
recordings of the opinions of people I find through my research. Details
about the project will also feature in the North Devon Journal to
gather research.
Would Damien be available for an interview about Verity and
his connection with Ilfracombe? It would be great to get an in view on
this, as it's undeniable of the impact this has had on Ilfracombe's
profile. I appreciate Damien is very busy. If he is not available
personally, is there someone else you could recommend I interview for
similar views, perhaps you are one of Damien's other colleagues?
I hope this is possible. Thank you in advance for your help with this, and I look forward to hearing from you in due course.
Best wishes and kind regards,
Lorna Rollings
lornarollings@hotmail.com
lornarollingsphotography.com
No comments:
Post a Comment