I have contacted:
Michael Dymond – East Ward
Councillor for Ilfracombe East Ward.
I am a long-standing member of the Town Council and passionate about Ilfracombe and the environment.
Geoff Fowler – West Ward
Councillor for Ilfracombe West Ward
I am in the fortunate position of being a Town and District Councillor for Ilfracombe. I am also the Chairman of North Devon Council.
I’m strongly behind the proposed Harbour development, and am project leader for that section of the Community Alliance action plan.
I am a member of Ilfracombe Rotary Club
Bert Gear – Central Ward
Councillor for Ilfracombe Central Ward
A ‘local lad’ recently retired after running my own business in the town for over 20 years.
I support the harbour and old bus station developments which I see as increasing our town ‘s profile, hopefully bringing in more needed private investment which should benefit the whole town, making it a better place for everyone I fully support the Ilfracombe Strategic plan and the One Ilfracombe initiative.
I am chair of the Ilfracombe Harbour Forum. I am Launch Authority for our town RNLI lifeboat and am past president, and commodore of the Ilfracombe Yacht Club.
John Swan – Central Ward
Councillor for Ilfracombe Central Ward
As a past mayor, I now sit on the staffing group, meeting weekly to support and direct our staff in the new Ilfracombe Centre. I also sit on the Ilfracombe Regeneration Board, a steering group, focussing on the many initiatives designed to regenerate prosperity in the Town. Now retired from full time work as a director of Country Cousins and Channel School, Tricia and I continue to run a small holiday cottage letting business, but this leaves time to devote to community issues. As a community we are finally receiving the attention of major governmental organisations and I am keen to assist in the regeneration of the town. I have recently been elected to sit on the management committee of St Johns Ambulance, and look forward to supporting them and other community groups in the town.
Philip Webb – West Ward
Councillor for Ilfracombe West Ward
After a long career in the healthcare industry my wife Helen and I moved to Ilfracombe in 2003 and bought a small hotel which we sold in 2006.
I Chair the Ilfracombe Tourism Marketing Group, am a North Devon District Councillor and serve on committees at Ilfracombe Golf Club and Ilfracombe Town Football Club. I have a particular interest in regeneration and am a member of the Ilfracombe Regeneration Board.
I sent the same email template to each councilor but added their name in place of "Sir/Madam".
My name is Lorna Rollings and I am a Photography degree student at the University of the West of England in Bristol. I am currently undertaking a project on Ilfracombe, particularly the effect that Verity has had on the town. The project will be in the form of a film comprising of shots in and around Ilfracombe. I am in need of opinions from the people of Ilfracombe regarding Verity and any improvements that could be made to the town.
If it is possible, could you please spread awareness about my project through your position at the council? My contact information includes:
email: lornarollings@hotmail.com
website: www.lornarollingsphotography.com
Many thanks,
Lorna Rollings
If it is possible, could you please spread awareness about my project through your position at the council? My contact information includes:
email: lornarollings@hotmail.com
website: www.lornarollingsphotography.com
Many thanks,
Lorna Rollings
I will follow up any replies on this blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment